Thursday, December 16, 2004

Essay master

Twenty ducks, in a gaggling group, mish-mashing themselves in confusing circles, jostling and moving till the whole thing resembles nothing more than a squirming mass, is much less desirable than a neat row of ducks, all in order. Try to count the unorganized bunch:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, no, wait, that’s…1, 2, 3…hey, you get back! Oh for heaven’s sake, I give up!
Even if there are a few good, nice ducks in there, they get disguised by the jostlingness of the gaggle.
However, just a few neat ducks in a row is easy to count, and even if there aren’t as many, they’re still more impressive.
This is the way that I ace university exams.
I am the duck herder of essays. I can do what few others can do: make my ducks look impressive, even if they’re plain. I am able to make things all nice and organized, without even trying. I can take less information than a normal essay needs or ought to have, and talk so that it sounds like I’m making impressive statements about…nothing.
I am the magician, I am the sneak-thief.
I can give order to disorderly ducks, without even trying. Call me the ‘Babe’ of exam essays. Give me any topic, and I’ll be happy to baa-ram-ewe a pass.

No comments: