Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Playing Nigella

So, a couple of weeks got in my way, and even though I found some time to draft a blog, I forgot to post it, so here is it, a little delayed.

Last weekend I took home work from the office (again) and buried myself in that. I had planned to have a couple of friends over on Wednesday (I had a recipe I wanted to try), so I was looking forward to that, but I figured I had enough time in the evenings Monday and Tuesday after work to prepare for that.
Then Lauren called, and said she’s coming into the city on Wednesday. Yay!
Yay, but it means a change of plans. Okay, so move the dinner to Tuesday, and make Monday the one day that I have to go grocery shopping, start cooking, clean the entire apartment, wash the sheets for the pullout couch, and do more work I’ve brought home from the office. Go to bed very late.
Tuesday rolls around and I make it through the workday, then friends come over and rave about my Nigella Lawson skills, and we eat and watch DVD’s and talk and it’s all good, and at the end of it I’m full and happy and very tired. But the house needs tidying, cause I’ve got more company coming the next day, so I clean a bit…and go to bed very late.
Wednesday is not a great day at the office, but I’m looking forward to Laur being there after work, so I get through it, and meet Lauren, and there is talk about going out, but she knows what it’s like the Wednesday of a busy work week, so we decide to be lazy and stay in and order thai food. We talk a lot and it’s great. But we also talk very long, and I go to bed very very late.
Thursday I slog though work, meet Laur briefly afterward, before she jets off to her next destination, and I grab some quick dinner, and then sit down in front of the computer, to finally blog like I’ve been meaning to. That was at 6:30pm.
At 7:05pm I woke up, curled up in my desk chair (which is NOT a comfortable way to nap), and decide that instead of blogging or beading or any of the other things I’ve had in mind to do this one evening to myself this week…I’d rather just climb in bed, and watch TV.

And that was great.

No comments: