Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Anyplace in the world is warmer than here

It is obscenely cold outside, and today I suffered the indignity of being made to go outside in that twice, first to work, then back home again. There isn't even any snow on the ground to make the cold worth it, there's just freezing blowingness that stings. And no snow means no hope for a snowday of any kind. I vote we institute Cold Days, when work is called off so you can stay home and cozy, hopefully with fuzzy socks on your feet and a blanket around your shoulders. It would do wonders for morale.
Another thing that would help with morale would be to not have performance reviews. Mine's on Friday and I don't want it. I really wish this was the sort of thing I could opt-out of. Just let me keep my head down, do my work, and pay me, and everyone will be happy.
Anyways, because of the review coming up, and the cold, my day (which wasn't terrible to start with), didn't leave me feeling stellar, so I stopped at the store and splurged (perversely) on ice cream.
But there are good points. The Mom is talking about going to Mexico, and now that I have my vacation planner for this year, I can start really planning my Britain trip. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make both of those work, but I'm gonna try. Besides, planning for them both is FUN! I researched Mexico (cause I know NOTHING about it), and have floated the idea of going to the Yucatan to the Mom and brother. I like the beaches and the archaeological sites nearby, I think the Mom agrees, and when I looked up 'Yucatan' on wikipedia, it said this:
"Queso Relleno is a "gourmet" dish featuring ground pork inside of a carved edam cheese ball served with tomato sauce"...which I used to get the brother interested. Do I know how to spark his interest, or what? More foods should be cooked inside of hollowed-out cheese balls.
Anyways, I gotta go draft an email to England Aunt...and research England, and Ireland. WOO HOO, I'm finally breaking the chains North America has had on me! Escaping to the big blue!

No comments: