Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Somehow, Ireland turned into leggings...

So, I'm going to England, and Ireland.

Been talking to the England Aunt and Uncle, and promised them I'd do some research into where to go, particularily when it comes to Ireland.

Okay- big woot! So, I plan the busiest of days Saturday, first buying stone to feed my new carving habit, then hitting the Toronto Bead Society spring show (one day only), then burying myself in a bookstore (literally- I was there for more than three hours). After reading for three hours, about driving tours and hiking paths, and cities and several dozen monasteries, churches, burial sites, ritual sites, yadda yadda, one's mind starts to wander. Mine wandered onto the subject of what to wear in Ireland (must be comfortable, though I really ought not to live my entire life in jeans, no matter how much I might want to). And then I look up and there's this girl in leggings...and even though I thought I hated leggings, I'm suddenly remembering how Laur told me they were the comfiest things to wear...

So I'm still a little unclear how, but now my Ireland research has become a hunt for leggings. I'm in a mall, so I go down a level, and leggings are surprisingly easy to find. I also find a piece of clothing that can't quite be called a shrug- it's more like sleeves, attached in the back. And it's good cause it means I can wear that to dress up (and make warmer) tank tops for the office, etc. Buy those and then meet friends for dinner...whatever, the day ends, you get the gist.

So then it's Sunday, and I'm hunting though the pile of packages from the day before, and I have a bag of stones, a bag of beads, and leggings and sleeves- not anywhere near a wearable outfit. Not to mention, I check my closet, and sure enough- the sleeves that are meant to go with tank tops are going to be pretty lonely, cause I have no tank tops. And the leggings that are supposed to go with...this is when I realize I not only have nothing that leggings go with, I actually have NO IDEA what leggings go with.

So tonight I drag my friend Dani out shopping. We turn the eatons centre upside down. Nothing that goes with leggings falls out. I'm seriously starting to doubt my leggings revelation.

Planning to give them one more try, at another mall, tomorrow. If it's a no-go then, well, the store I bought the leggings from is in that mall, too. I'll just return them, and go back to reading about Ireland in the bookstore. Maybe my next revelation will be about capris or something.

No comments: