Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm always sick on Hallowe'en!

So, I haven't blogged in a while, and here's the reasons:
First, I had one hell of a busy week, which started out with a totally fun trip to St Lawrence Market, from which I came home laden with the most wonderful things, including veggies, prosciutto, balsamic mustard, pasta sauce, lavender, and various other lovely sundries.
Then I had one Sunday to get everything I needed for the next week done, because from the first minute of my Monday, there was no stopping for over a week. From book club to pottery class, birthdays and bridal showers, the only time I was at home that week was to sleep and shower.

I guess it's no wonder that the week after, I came down with a wicked cold. I tried to take it easier last week, and this past weekend I literally stayed in- didn't leave the apartment once- trying to get this virus dealt with and gone, but unfortunately things don't really work that way.
I'm getting better now, but it's been a struggle to find the right decongestant so I can keep functioning at the office (mom keeps telling me to take a day off, but I'm too stubborn for that).

So, that's where I am now, though I'm in the middle of another busy week at the moment, having spent Monday evening with my aunt Laura, pottery class again, dinner with some of my girls tonight, and a mini family reunion this weekend. Add on to that the continued busyness of my job, and things are a little stressed- right now I should not be blogging, I have work I've brought home that I should be working on. But, I wanted to check in before I disappear again. I'll try to blog again this weekend, after seeing the fam. Until then, I wish you all a Happy Hallowe'en, and I'll finish with a joke I got off of a piece of Hallowe'en candy at the office today:

Which is faster, hot or cold?
Hot, of course, anyone can catch a cold!

Ha ha ha...seriously, I wish you all good health (at least, better than mine, lately!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been ages since you blogged. How do you expect me to keep up with your life?? Hope you're OK and Happy belated Chanukah. Love from FL