Monday, February 12, 2007

Florida isn't soon enough!

So tired. So happy.
It's kind of crazy how crazy things have been (and continue to be). Tonight I was at book club (a total indulgence, especially seeing as how I didn't read the book for this week). I (finally!) got to see Catherine's place (bachelor apt, smaller than mine, but somehow less cluttered), and she made us some awesome carrot soup, and we fried up perogies and potstickers to go with it (a random mix, to be sure, but it was goo-ood!) Then they made me hide in the bathroom while they got my birthday cake ready. Andrew treated us all to ice wine, and we had a great time together.
Yesterday (I've decided to work backwards) I went out for dinner with Hugh and Kevin- it was wonderful to be out with my boys- and before that, in the afternoon, Hugh and I did the Science Centre. That morning Robin made me his fabulous brie omelet for breakfast, because I'd spent the night at the Robins' after watching Garden State with them.
And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Tomorrow I have dinner out with the work girls, then Wednesday Hugh is coming over for birthday stuff (he won't define that any better for me), and Thursday Cath and Mary are coming here (though they've promised not to hold it against me if I pack while they're around!) I've reserved Friday for pedicure and packing, and Saturday we leave! I am so excited, because it will be great to see Mom, and the whole family, but also that with life this crazy, and work right now is wild busy, I am so in need of a vacation!
I'm sorry I'm being so brief- there are other things to cover here, like all the stuff that's going on with Mom and my friends, and other stuff that I'm into, but I'm just so tired from it all that I need my bed. Goodnight until next time!

No comments: