Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ignoring the rational in favour of excitement

Bethany's rational mind to Bethany: "It's 6am, go back to sleep... It's 6AM, go back to sleep... I know you're excited about Europe, but that's on Friday, and this is Tuesday, and you have to work, so let's sleep now... please sleep... OH FINE, I give up, get up, write a blog, pack, whatever you want, just leave me out of it."

So, for the past few days I've been mildly funked out. Not sure why, but now I'm back in my super hyper, get-me-outta-here mindset. Woo! Hopefully this won't mean work will suffer, cause the office is pretty spinney these days. Meh- I'm going to Europe!!!

Things are coming together. I've got everything I need to bring with me either purchased or washed, listed, and set out. I still won't let myself pack yet, but I also couldn't bring myself to put away things that were new and coming with me (mostly toiletries), so now the shelf beside the tv looks like a drug store aisle- a million travel-sized bottles all lined up and on display. Some people might call this a mess- NOT ME!!!

Okay, so I said that things were coming together (I'm a little scattered this morning, please blame this on the time, as I'm not supposed to be awake for almost another hour). The brother came over last night. I gave him CD's for the Mom, we fixed the Egg's nails, we had Shwarma (I found him a new place for his list, he said it ranked fifth. That's pretty good!) And he fixed my Mp3 player, so that's just awesome. I still want to get a bigger one, but now I think I can wait for it and put that on my Hanukkah wish list.

And last night, the best friend called me to see if maybe we could do dinner the night before I leave. I love this idea (I haven't seen her in a while, I'm going into withdrawal), and on the phone with her, I parlayed dinner into a possible overnight/airport drop off, meaning more time for us to gab, help for me with luggage, and a hassle-free (hopefully) ride to the airport. Woot!

And this had great repercussions, too: if I'm out with friends on Thursday, that means I get to pack a day early!!! I'm gonna go jump the gun and start now.

Have a good day, all.

No comments: