Friday, June 20, 2008

One week

Have not been sleeping well, hence the early morning writing. I woke up super early (not on purpose), after a relatively late night last night. Tried reading to make myself sleepy again, but by the time I felt like I could crawl back under the covers, it was time to get up and get ready for work. Argh.
And I don't want to go to work, cause I have to tackle a project I've been avoiding, which I feel guilty about avoiding in the first place.
And also, there's an opportunity at work that I have to talk to someone about, but it takes guts, and when it comes right down to it, I can be pretty cowardly, especially when it comes to change.
So you can see the allure of calling in sick and spending the day in bed.
I won't do that- I just really want to.
Besides, even if unfun things await me- work, the dentist AGAIN tomorrow, cleaning my apartment, huge amounts of laundry, stocking up on uninteresting things like cat food and litter- I can do it. And you know why?
CAUSE I LEAVE IN A FREAKING WEEK!
ONE WEEK
ONE WEEK
ONE WEEK
That is my mantra for the rest of the day. One week, and I am gone, and all those things that seem to plague me now will be as far away as can be.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see whether I even come back.

No comments: