Sunday, November 21, 2004

Crazy week and a half-formed escape plan

I know that I haven't written lately, and I do feel bad, but those of you out there who are students, or remember what that was like, know that this is a terrible time of year for us, and that come mid-November, the term 'free time' has a tendency to lose all meaning. As soon as I finish this, in fact, I swear I'm submitting my work for the group project that I have due on Friday (no, it's not late!). Then it's on to the two essays, and the mid-term I have to write on Wednesday. Fun week (SARCASM!). On the upside, as soon as this week is over, I'm taking off- no ifs, ands or buts. If I survive, I'm gone to Toronto for at least a couple of days. Then it's spend, spend, spend for the holidays! I've got so many good ideas this year, although a few of them are a little hard to acquire. Don't know how I'm going to do this, but I always find a way. I swear, buying things for people is probably my favourite part of the holidays!
And I've been beading still, too. I LOVE the new bracelet I just made- very retro. And I learned how to make earrings, (bought some new tools for the job), and my Mom is going to love my new creations (I hope, especially since I don't change my earrings- I'm going to have to stop that!).
And I hate that it hasn't snowed again yet. I don't like being teased by the weather, and this is annoying.
One last thing, something I am SO upset about. I have lost a ring. I wear rings on almost all my fingers, and one of my thumb rings slipped off last weekend (probably outside somewhere, on my way to or from work,) and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It sucks, because the ring was a birthday gift from a friend, and I haven't had the heart to admit that it's gone to them yet (if you read this before I get the chance to talk to you, I'm SO Sorry!) Plus, having a ring missing is so disconcerting, too. I keep having this 'absent' feeling like something is wrong and it makes it hard to concentrate. It's gotten to the point where I need to replace this thing soon, or forfeit all the work I have due this week for lack of focus.
And on that note, and personal reminder of the mountain or assignments awaiting me, I take my leave of you all. If you're a student too, then I sympathize with your (presumably) similar crazed study schedule, if you're a shopper, I sympathize with your crazed gift-buying schedule! And if you're a friend or family member reading this, feel free to use this site as your 'requests to Bethany-Clause' message opportunity!
Have a good night, everyone, and pray for snow!

No comments: