Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Cheesy Goodbyes

The end.
Today I wrote the last of the last of my exams. I have no more. I have no more essays or tests or anything. University is done.
That feels really big, but right now I’m feeling pretty big, too. Like, it’s over, and that’s okay. I can swallow the fact.
Okay, enough of me being up with the cheese-wigginess.
Tonight I went out to dinner with Shesh (girl I worked with at the Pond, who was also in a class of mine- new friend), and a group of her friends. Then we went to a house party. They’re a great bunch of people and I can’t believe this is the only time I get to meet and spend time with them. It’s a downside to leaving- I would have liked to be part of their group. I’m planning on trying to stay in touch with them, through blog and messenger and email and all things electronic, but it won’t be the same.
To Kat, Kait, Farhide, Lisa, Lunchbox, Kelly, Doom, Shesh especially, and all the rest, I’ll miss having class with you, I enjoyed spending what little time I had with you, and I hope you remember my face.

To those, like myself, who are emerging, fresh-faced, into the world post-University, remember that we didn’t learn everything in those classrooms, the graffiti we left on the desks won’t be our only mark left on life, and that it’s normal and most especially okay to be aimless after college.
And apparently, I can’t escape my own cheesiness tonight, so I’m logging off while I still have a shred of dignity left. No more yearbook-esque-isms for me.

No comments: