Sunday, April 03, 2005

Joy and invasion and craziness!

Okay, I know I've only been providing snippets (at best) lately, and I'm sorry for that, but so much has been happening!
I mentioned before the program at Humber College in Toronto that I was applying to? Well, a few weeks ago I was invited to an interview at the campus. The place is pretty nice, right on the water, and lots of small, older, stone buildings scattered about. Apparently, it used to be an asylum. (!)

The interview went well, I met the head of the program, and we talked about all sorts of things- well, all sorts of book things. Anyways, I left the campus feeling pretty good. I even bumped into Hugh on the subway on the way home, which was a nice surprise.

After chewing my fingernails for about a week, I finally got a call from Mom- I'm in! Yay me!

That made this past week crazy. I had classes, in which the profs are all getting frantic because the term is almost over, and they're cramming the last bits of their lesson plans down our throats faster than we can chew. I had one and a half exams to write, and a presentation (last minute, but that couldn't be helped), to do, and then a hurried trip to Toronto to help Mom move and to fill out my acceptance forms (yay!). That trip was super quick, but taxing- so much work, so little time!

I got back and had to work all weekend, and I found out (no, we weren't informed of this beforehand) that the new landlord just took ownership of the house. That shouldn't have been a big deal, except that apparently he went into my room and toured people through it while I was in Toronto. I am super pissed. I don't even know his name, he's never introduced himself to any of us, and he made no attempt to contact any of us before he did this. From now on I'm making sure I lock my door, and I've written Article 20.3, item c of the Tenant Protection Act (A landlord may enter the rental unit without written notice to show the unit to prospective tenants if, before entering, the landlord informs or makes a reasonable effort to inform the tenant of the intention to do so.) on the message board on my bedroom door. He wasn't around this weekend, but as soon as I see him that ass is losing some skin.
I'm so sick of dealing with the sh*t this house comes with.

Not to mention that after a few lovely, true spring days, I woke up to a blizzard Saturday morning! I swear, the weather was better in December. Oh, and to top it all off, last night was daylight savings time, which I completely forgot, and so I'm getting dressed this morning, and about to do my hair, when I get a call, and Shesh is like, "Are you coming to work today? Cause you have the keys to the store..." And I was freaking late and we opened like, a half hour late and it's all my fault. At least there's nothing they can do about it. I mean, what'll they do, fire me?! (Ha ha, gone in two weeks!)

Oh, not that everything is going to hell in a handbasket. I worked the last several weeks at the bead store without taking much stuff home, specifically to save up some credit so that I can fill my beading needs completely before I leave there (having to leave the bead store is definitely one of the worst things about being done with the Ham), and on Friday I did the first of my splurging. That was and is SO MUCH FUN! Even if I don't get to go to a bead store for a good long while, I have plenty to keep me occupied for awhile at least.

Oh, and one of my housemates is gone. Apparently, Krista has moved out (I say apparently, because she has yet to come and talk to me at all). I feel a little snubbed. I mean, she likes me- she brought me a shirt from the Bahamas! I took care of her cat! (Okay, so he turned a little pink, he was still healthy!) Maybe I'll see her later.

Anyways, there's more, but I'm tired and I'm afraid this'll start to turn into me rambling. I have a good movie to watch, and a whole lot of beads to go play with. Have a good night all!

No comments: