Friday, October 15, 2004

I guess this is the beginning

If I yell out into cyberspace, will my voice echo?
I've started this blog under the suggestion and vast encouragement of one of my closest friends, the ineffable Lauren MacLaren. All visitors here ought to tip their hats to her.
I've started this experimental venture for a few humble reasons, mainly to reach my family who continue to spread themselves further and further around the world, and friends who have all begun that inevitable drift, and because I'm sick of googling my name an coming up empty. This way I get my name in lights, even if they are just pixels.
So, what do I intend to do here? Nothing wholly original, I suspect. Talk, or write, more accurately, maybe vent or go off on a tangent or two (fair warning), share the recipies that certain aunts showed an interrest in last gathering, (those are for anybody- too good to be kept private), and be fairly self-centered. I think that's is a necessity for those who participate in online journals like this. I'll try to keep it down, though. You try, too.
In any case, at this point in time, those are my intentions, for better or worse. It's late now, and I'm tired. Goodnight cyberspace.

No comments: