Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Good day

If you want the shortest distance between two points, don't ever send Tricia and I to find it. I don't know what it is about us, but every time we get together, no matter where we're going, we can never ever find it on the first try. I can tell you, though, that it is possible to arrive at a destination by traveling solely in u-turns.
After a slow start, Tricia and I made our indirect way to the Butterfly Conservatory, which was cool and we got a lot of pictures, hopefully good ones. Then to Niagara-on-the-Lake, where she bought me Celtic knot silver earrings for my birthday, and I got Greaves jam (the best) (blueberry rocks), and then we stumbled upon the chocolate shop Mom found, which is unexpectedly under new management, but the lady there assures me the chocolate will stay the same. After that, because neither of us was hungry enough for dinner, we drove to Ikea, where I got a new bowl (black, heavy glass, textured- I have a weakness for pretty things), some plants to put in my new bowl (I hope I can keep succulents alive), and some boxes because I never have anything to keep my stuff in. Then we were starving because Ikea is one of those places that distorts time, so we went to Tucker's Marketplace (an all-you-can-eat place) SO good! All in all it was a good day. Now if only I can get my shit together for the rest of this week...

No comments: