Friday, February 11, 2005

Water, tests, metal, money.

Ever had one of those days that feels an awfully lot like you're the subject of a movie? Like there are a bunch of people out there watching something akin to 'Garden State', or 'Amelie', or more fearsomely like 'Being John Malkovich', but it's you up on the screen?
Wanna know how I woke up this morning? A bunch of books on a shelf beside my bed shifted. Books knocked over a closed bottle of water, there for watering Phil the Philodendron. Water bottle fell over to the shelf behind my bed, and knocked over a vase full of bamboo and gross algae water, onto my pillows, and hence, all over my hair. Waking up in a wet bed I'm sure is never pleasant and always worrisome, but when the water is trickling down the sides of your face, you know something's gone real wrong.
So, after a pile of soppy wet paper towels, a hurried shower, and change of sheets, I went to class. Where we wrote a test I didn't know about. Boo!
Had lunch with a friend from my next class where we grilled each other for the test I DID know about, wrote said test in one of those stereotypical college amphitheater rooms, where it takes a full eighteen minutes (I timed it) for the burnt-brained invigilators to hand out the tests.
Got the hell out of there and went to work. Deb gave me a present! I got a watch with a white band and two cute little glasswork hearts, in green. I'm going to make a lariat for the hearts.
Deb left and I had a class to run tonight- Chainmaking 101- and Brian showed up to teach it. Brian's pretty cool, he's in Comp Eng at Mac and makes his own jewellery. He's got a site, click on the title of this blog, I'll add the link.
So the class goes okay and the bus ride home is not so mundane as usual, cause Brian and I talk and it turns out he knows Mark (same program), and I get home and there's a letter for me and it's some bank that I have never done business with and they're offering me a loan. Who the hell gets random loan offers from foreign banks in the mail? What is this, like, "Well, she's dug herself in this deep, why not give her a shiny new shovel?!" This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. I've learned my lesson! I'm never taking out another loan again! Car, house, horse, whatever, I'm paying cold, hard cash from here on out, and not a cent more than what I can afford, then and there. Can't afford it? I'll go without!
And if I ever start writing this blog from my new home: #1 Fridgebox, Crackhead Alley, Ontario...you'll know why.

No comments: